-

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dorinda- "Recap"

Last night was an extremely powerful night. As the SMC choir took the choir stand, I instantly became anxious because I knew that it meant that Dorinda was soon to be performing. And since it was going to be my first time hearing her sing, I was all eyes & ears.

Then the next thing you know, the host goes back up to the stand and begins to announce our next guest. Saying that she is Detroit's own....Dorinda Clark Cole. And everyone stood to their feet and started screaming. First her background singers approached the pulpit and got their mics situated. Then she entered. As she took the pulpit, and the music started, everyone got into the song and soon as they realized it was "For The Rest Of My Life". She sang the song with so much grace and authority. And she couldnt even end the song. Every time they would try to end the song by saying "Myyyy Life", she kept going and said that it was hard for her to let the song go.

After the song finally ended, she first thanked the Pastor of the church for giving her the opportunity to be there and then thanked her friend, whom they were appreciating. When she asked every one to give him a hand, not many people clapped. And she was like "Give him hand. I knew I should have been first, ya'll acting like ya'll dont wanna move". And said that she was going to do one more song and get out of the way.

Next she sang "So Many Times" and tore the church UUUUUPPPPPP. Everything was on point. From the choir to the musicians. Then some how she got off into what to thank God for. How many of us take alot of things for granted. Saying how you needed to open your mouth and give God praise. Give him at least 15 minutes a day....just praising him. You never know when it will be your last time. And she mentioned how while she was driving over the water and almost drove herself off of the bridge, if it had not been for the voice of the Lord....

"He said if I keep my mind on him, he would keep me in PERFECT...."

Then she started singing "I'm Still Here" and began to walk around the congregation & passed out pink roses. And started ministering to the people and she even prayed for a few people while still passing out her roses. And when she eventually made her way back to pulpit, she said "If my mother was still here, she would sing it like this....."I'm Still Here...." then Dorinda stopped because the music was to loud and she said "Ya'll had the music to loud, they cant hear me. I said if my mother was still here, she would sing it like this...."


And when I tell you she sounded EXACTLY like Dr. Clark, WWWWWWWOOOOOOWWWWW. Amazed me. And then she finally stopped and started laughing and said "Ya'll I almost scared myself for a minute. Ya'll give my momma a hand". And everyone started cheering.

She finally then began to sing in her voice and ended the song.


Thanks: AngelofGospels1Fan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home